Pragmatic Organization Dynamic Display (PODD) is a way of organising word and symbol vocabulary in a communication book or speech generating device.
Created by speech and language therapist Gayle Porter, PODD can provide immersion and modelling as well as a means to express a range of messages in a variety of environments.
|Overview||What's included||Technical||PODD on your Device|
PODD for Communication Books
PODD software lets you design, produce and implement personalised communication books to suit the varying communication, language, sensory and physical access requirements of different students.
PODD helps to minimise common difficulties encountered by students who use multi-level communication books.
With PODD, you can:
- Help students find the vocabulary they need and move between levels.
- Quickly access vocabulary that produces common and unpredictable messages.
- Customise PODD boards to grow with a student as their skills change.
- Set up PODD for independent living and working in the community.
3 CDs containing:
- 14 different templates for PODD communication books for use with Boardmaker
- Construction files providing specific instructions for printing and constructing each communication book
- Full version of ‘Pragmatic Organisation Dynamic Display communication books’ by Gayle Porter (2007). Includes a detailed section on teaching-learning strategies.
- An information file for language, page layout, vocabulary organisation and navigation pathways.
Required Software - Boardmaker, Boardmaker Plus or Boardmaker with Speaking Dynamically Pro v.5 or higher. Not compatible with Boardmaker Studio.
Windows System Requirements - Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows NT and Windows XP
Mac System Requirements - Mac OS 8.6, Mac 9.x, Mac 10.1 or higher
Also available - PODD for Speech Generating Devices
PODD Pagesets are available for DynaVox Compass software to provide multiple options to suit the communication and language requirements of different individuals.
You can now have Compass software with PODD on the devices listed below (please click for product details):
"PODD Pagesets on the DynaVox devices have been developed with and used by children, teens, adults, their families, teachers, friends and therapists over the past 15 years. I am now really excited to partner with DynaVox to make some of PODD Pagesets available on their T10 and Compass app so that other people who want to use the total, integrated PODD system can more easily access it." – Gayle Porter.
People who bought this product also liked...
|Product||Price||Add to Quote|