Lightwriter® SL40 series - Scanning
Communicate efficiently and effectively either through face to face communication, SMS texting, or make mobile phone calls* from this small compact device at home or when you are out and about.
Lightwriter SL40 Scanning enables access to the SL40 and SL40 Connect for those with limited abilities or with progressive or changing needs.
|Overview||What’s in the box||Technical|
How does scanning work?
Scanning is useful for those who do not have the physical ability or energy to use a full keyboard. The keys will light up row-by-row or key-by-key and are selected by activating a switch. Switches can be activated by hand, foot or head, or operating a sip/puff switch by mouth. They can also differ in pressure sensitivity, size and texture in order to suit an individual's needs.
Scanning Lightwriter features:
- simple and intuitive to use interface
- fast word prediction and phrase lists based on the user’s own language use
- make phone calls* and send text messages
- notebook for storage and speech of longer texts
- alarm clock and phone book functions
- trainable infrared control
- daylight-readable dual displays
- robust, ergonomic lightweight design
- adjustable keyboard depths
- extensive memory capacity
- transfer personalised words and phrases to and from a computer*
*Phone and data transfer available in the SL40 Connect model only
- two year comprehensive warranty
- two switches
- three keyguard options
- carry bag
- SIM card
- memory stick (Connect model only)
- keyguard tools
- quick start and user guides
- free delivery in mainland UK
Size: 240mm x 140mm x 55mm
Weight: 930 grams
Acapela HQ speech
Siemens GSM messaging module
Rechargeable nickel metal hydride batteries